If you don't have an existing cluster, follow the quickstart to create an RKE2 cluster.
- A load-balancer is mandatory for Epinio to work on RKE2. Here MetalLB was used as load-balancer. See Provision of External IP for LoadBalancer service type in Kubernetes for more information.
- Epinio v0.1.0 has been tested with Rancher RKE2 incl. kubernetes version v1.21.4+rke2r3
- Epinio installation passed on a 3 node cluster (1 server, 2 agents) with Longhorn v1.1.1 storage class
Beside advanced installation options, there are two ways of installing Epinio:
- For test environments. This should work on nearly any kubernetes distribution. Epinio will try to automatically create a magic DNS domain, e.g. 10.0.0.1.omg.howdoi.website.
- For test and production environments. You will define a system domain, e.g. test.example.com.